Competitive Salary + bonus
Hours of work – 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location – Ivy Gate Lodge, Scarisbrick
About Ivy Gate Lodge – Ivy Gate Lodge is our brand new 72 bedded home opening in January 2022 providing care for people with mental health issues from age 18 to 65.
We are looking for a strong and experienced nurse manager with mental health experience who has the drive and commitment to commission this new home.
This exciting new role will involve developing and delivering specific programmes for residents living with severe and enduring mental health. You will be responsible for providing the highest standards of care to our residents and will have a proven track record of excellent leadership within the health care sector.
As part of the wider Athena Team, you will be patient, positive, culturally sensitive and be able to motivate and encourage residents to reach their full potential. You will take a lead in the well-being of your staff teams so that they can develop and succeed in their career with us.
We are searching for a Registered Lodge Manager to join our team. You will be responsible to the registered provider for the day-to-day running of the Lodge, working closely with the Deputy Manager to provide management & leadership to our team.
As Care Home Manager you will be:
- Ensuring high-quality, person-centred care is provided to all residents
- Accountable for the Lodge’s operations and activities, ensuring the Lodge operates according to its registration status
- Making sure all legal, regulatory and contractual standards are met and exceeded
- Ensuring that all policies, procedures and systems are in place
- Ensuring all staff have the skills and competencies required to provide a developmental focus for the Lodge
- Providing effective supervision and support to all staff
- Ensuring that the Lodge is appropriately represented and working effectively with local service providers
- Develop an ethos that reflects residents’ needs and that celebrates their individual differences
- Acting as an ambassador for the Lodge, ensuring strong communication channels are established
- Managing staff and delegating budgets in accordance with policies and procedures
- Providing staff cover in accordance with the requirements of the registered provider
- Liaising with external professionals, Lodge stakeholders, individuals and families
- Responsible for ensuring that effective referral protocols and practices are in place and adhered to
- Maintaining a safe environment for residents, responding to all health & safety requirements
The right candidate will:
- Have an eye for accuracy
- Be proactive and enthusiastic
- Be passionate about delivering first-class care
The ideal candidate will:
- Be highly organised
- Have good time management skills
- Be a team player
- Have strong communication skills
- Have good leadership skills
For this role, you must have:
- Relevant RMN or RGN Qualification with an active PIN number
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Registered Manager in an adult residential setting
- Knowledge and understanding of current legal responsibilities/standards for the service
- Knowledge of CQC regulations and standards in health and social care
- Experience in CQC inspections under current KLOEs
- £200 refer a friend bonus
- Enjoy your birthday off on us!
- Reimbursed DBS cost
- Great career prospects
- Subsidised meals
- Pension Scheme
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.